Business Development Manager
Job location: Remote
Job Seniority: Mid-Level
Experience: Business Development Manager with 3 - 5 years of experience. Ideally you will have experience working within a start-up/scale-up environment.
Salary range: £26,000 - £30,000 base salary with commission OTE. Total earning potential £50,000+(Salary reviewed regularly in line with performance and company growth)
Time commitment: Full Time: 40 hours
Contract duration: Full time, Permanent.
Education: Diploma of Higher Education
Schedule: Monday to Friday
The business world has lost its balance.
At Zebra Growth, we are busy working away to make a world where the good guy wins. Where brands and organisations that truly value positive societal change don’t have to choose between making an impact and financial security. To help find the right balance.
But we can’t do it alone.
We’re on the lookout for the next Zebra to join the dazzle.
So, if you want to help in building a regenerative economy for the future, an economy that values true sustainability, equity, and diversity, then we want to hear from you.
At Zebra Growth, our goal is to become the go-to Growth Marketing and Branding agency for purpose led start-ups and scale-ups around the world. But before we can do that, we need people to know about us. And that, my esteemed friend, is where you come in.
As our Senior Business Development Manager, you will play an integral part in the sustainable growth of our business. Think of yourself as a hunter gatherer – us Zebras need feeding. We will rely on you to be proactive, organised, and outgoing. An excellent communicator with a nose for prospecting. Experience in B2B communications is essential.
This role is not for the shy and retiring, as you will need to be confident in approaching, conversing, and influencing potential clients. That being said, we’re not after the next wolf of wall street. But, if you have the confidence to walk into a room full of strangers and take centre stage, you’ll thrive in this role.
As our first ever Senior Business Development Manager, we will look to you to bring expertise and ideas to the table. To help us to explore new possibilities, and refine our BD process. You will be required to capture all of that lovely information you acquire in our CRM, organising it in a way that makes our sales process efficient and effective.
If you enjoy the thrill of the chase, meeting new people and relish the opportunity to work with emerging purpose-driven startups, this role is for you.
To boldly develop business where no business has been developed before.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in B2B sales and/or account management
- Experience working in agency sector is highly desirable
- Experience in B2B SAAS would be complementary to the role
- Demonstrable network of contacts within relevant industry sectors would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently interact with and influence clients and key stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational skills with good attention to detail and time management
- Highly autonomous, able to be a self-starter and problem solver
- Experience developing and optimising processes
- All round positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Becoming a Ethical Growth Marketing subject matter expert by building a strong knowledge of Zebra Growth and ethical marketing / branding to allow you to lead discovery calls and create proposals
- Generating leads through list building and outreach, activating campaigns where required to increase revenue
- Using our CRM system to organise and demonstrate your work, to drive prospects through our sales pipeline, and to ensure accurate and detailed record keeping
- Attending conferences, networking events and events to promote and network Zebra Growth
- Coordinate and run Zebra Growth events where applicable to accelerate inbound enquiries
- Leading the creation and delivery of business development strategy
- Collaborate with our marketing team to coordinate activity to increase enquiries and reduce sales cycle lead times
- Utilise an analytical approach to understand the performance of initiatives to ensure you are effectively prioritising those with the highest return on investment
- Participate and present updates on business progress to leadership and wider team
- Act as an ambassador of the Zebra Growth mission, brand, and product
- Building industry knowledge to understand clients processes and challenges
- A strong cross functional environment working in small teams with autonomy, delivering impactful and challenging work
- We support fully remote, flexible working from anywhere in the world
- Co-working space membership
- MacBook Pro to be used during employment
- 36 holidays per year (FTE)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Annual training and personal development budget
- Personal and professional development support
- Match funding towards carbon offsetting investments up to £300 annually
- Global client base and opportunity to travel
- Team retreats in different European Cities every 6 months
- Profit share scheme
- Commission OTE